Come to Northwest Endoscopy when referred for diagnostic procedures like endoscopy, colonoscopy and related surgical interventions.
What is Northwest Endoscopy?
Northwest Endoscopy is an ambulatory surgical facility and the sister company of Northwest Gastroenterology at the same location. The Northwest Endoscopy facility allows for outpatient care in a comfortable setting and is our preferred choice for your procedures because it offers easy access, electronic sharing of your health information for better quality of care, and procedures performed by your consulting physician. Patients may find that procedures at Northwest Endoscopy are less expensive and less time-consuming than hospital-based procedures.
The partner-physicians of Northwest Gastroenterology own and operate Northwest Endoscopy in conjunction with a nationwide management company. The same friendly and helpful physicians staff both facilities, with assistance from the physician assistants and advanced nurse practitioners at Northwest Gastroenterology.
Northwest Endoscopy ambulatory surgical facility is for diagnostic procedures such as upper endoscopy and colonoscopy. Related ambulatory surgical interventions can be performed here including tissue sampling, small intestine fluid collection, balloon or tapered bougie dilation, expandable stent placement, and removal of polyps and hemorrhoids.
Do I have to use Northwest Endoscopy for my procedures?
You may have your procedure done wherever you choose and are not required to use Northwest Endoscopy. Northwest Gastroenterology physicians all have privileges at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center and can also perform outpatient procedures at the hospital’s endoscopy unit.
What is an Ambulatory Surgical Facility?
An ambulatory surgical facility specializes in outpatient same-day endoscopic procedures, like colonoscopy and upper endoscopy.
Why select an Ambulatory Surgical Facility?
Patients who choose an ambulatory surgical facility, such as the one at Northwest Endoscopy, find the process convenient and personal. We offer a relaxed environment with well-trained staff focused on your individual care.
Additional benefits of an Ambulatory Surgical Facility:
- One Location: Our patient registration, waiting area, procedure rooms and recovery rooms are all in one convenient location.
- Scheduling Options: We offer multiple scheduling options to meet your needs.
- Ease of Use: Because we focus on limited procedures, patients find we are easier to use than the hospital.
- Reduced Risk of Infection: We see stable outpatients only, so there is less opportunity for you to be exposed to infections.
- Focus on the Patient: We know how many patients we will serve each day and can staff appropriately to ensure you receive the best care.
- Reduced Cost: Our expenses are significantly lower than a hospital’s; we are able to pass the savings on to patients, thus providing a high level of care at a lower cost.